Auto Insurance Policies can provide basic protection for damage to your car, injuries, and lawsuit protection. Expanded protection can be added for emergencies, repairs, and personal property. Choose the coverage that’s right for you from The Wickstrand Agency’s range of policy options. This can be offered through several well respected insurance companies.
Understanding Auto Coverage
- We start by helping you understand your coverage options and how they fit your needs.
- Your policy is comprised of the options you select. Coverage are priced individually, so how much you will pay depends on how broad your coverage is and at what limits you select.
- Deductibles lower the premium price by shifting part of the loss payment to you. For example, if you had a $250 deductible, you would need to pay the first $250 of the covered loss. Higher deductibles generally lower your premium, but increase the amount you must pay if a loss occurs.
A Basic Auto Insurance Policy Provides Protection To You And Others, Including:
- Liability Coverage for damages incurred by others if you cause the accident.
- Permissive User Coverage for when you lend your vehicle to other individuals and they cause an accident.
- Around-the-Clock Claims Support for helping you through incidents ranging from minor fender benders to natural disasters. (24 hour availability in most cases)
Many People Also Choose Some or All of These Additional Protections:
- Physical Damage Protection for repairing your car after an accident.
- Medical Coverage for assistance if you or your passengers are injured to pay the immediate doctor bill.
- Comprehensive Coverage pays for damage done to your car in some way other than a collision, such as if it were stolen, vandalized, glass breakage, etc.
- Uninsured Motorist Protection for damages you are legally entitled to recover from a driver without liability insurance or a hit-and-run driver.
- Underinsured Motorist Protection for damages you are legally entitled to recover that exceed the at fault driver’s insurance limits.
In Choosing Auto Insurance, you want thorough coverage for the best price: There’s a lot to think about when you’re choosing auto insurance. In most states, to license your car you must carry liability coverage for damages incurred by others if you cause an accident, or no-fault coverage to pay for medical and related expenses for you and your passengers cause by injuries from a car accident, regardless of fault; or carry both. Without car insurance, you risk paying the full cost of an incident that you are responsible for plus any fines or jail time that a court finds you guilty of.